Grants & Community Impact Awards
Recently Awarded Grants
At CFGP, we understand that meeting charitable goals can sometimes be difficult when done alone. With the help of CFGP, organizations can receive the financial support they need to fulfill their philanthropic missions. CFGP is pleased to have had the opportunity to work with these organizations.
There are set deadlines for grant applications. Please see the application for details.
- Proposals are shared with the CFGP Grant Committee, who assist in making grant decisions.
- A majority of grants will be awarded to organizations within the Greater Philadelphia Area.
- Grants will be awarded to organizations whose mission aligns with the CFGP’s and to proposals that show a clear innovative plan for feasibility, sustainability, and impact.
- Eligible organizations are Catholic non-profit organizations currently recognized by the IRS. It encompasses a full range of Catholic charitable organizations including hospitals, scientific and medical research organizations, places of worship, educational organizations, colleges and universities, and many other Catholic organizations and institutions.
- Letters of recommendation or support from other funding sources are recommended. For capital projects and equipment, please submit three bids from potential vendors.
- Face-to-face interviews or site visits are at the CFGP’s Grant Committee.
Important things to remember while preparing your proposal:
- CFGP does NOT fund requests for salaries or capital projects, including bricks and mortar projects.
- A strong application should prove three things: the sustainability, feasibility, and impact your request.
- Grant requests at or below $25,000 are preferred.
Grant Applications should be submitted to email@example.com upon completion. If you have any other questions, contact us at 215-587-5650.
CFGP awarded $2,000 to the Montgomery County Family Service Center in support of a newly-established nutrition education program. The program, called Martha's Choice "Shop n' Chop," will be conducted through the Center's on-site food pantry, Martha's Choice Marketplace.Learn more
CFGP visited our friends at the Augustinian Defenders of the Rights of the Poor (ADROP) to award them a $2,750 grant that will assist them with their Student Enrichment Program that is run in conjunction with St. Anthony of Padua Parish School in South Philadelphia.Learn more
Holy Cross Regional Catholic School provides an environment where both students and their families share a pride for their education.Learn more
The Philadelphia Archdiocesan Historical Research Center (PAHRC) has been awarded a $4,180 grant from The Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia to assist them in the purchase of a new microfilm reader printer.Learn more
Supporting Services for Veteran Families Program strives to reduce veteran homelessness by providing shelter for veterans and their families. SSVFP was awarded a $5,000 grant for a private shower and changing area at their facility.Learn more
Community Impact Awards
CFGP’s Community Impact Awards identify charitable organizations in the Greater Philadelphia area that require immediate financial assistance. Below is a list of current recipients of the Community Impact Awards.
St. Katherine Day School was the first day school for special needs students in the country and is one of the four Catholic Schools of Special Education in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. St. Katherine's provides individualized special education in a Catholic environment for children and young adults with developmental delays or cognitive disabilities. The school serves students aged four and a half to 21 years old.Learn more
De La Salle Vocational, part of St. Gabriel's System, is a treatment program providing services for delinquent youth to assist their reform and help them to become responsible and productive members of the community. CFGP's $500 Community Impact Award will help purchase a new TV screen for their on-site Career Center. The screen displays current job postings for students and is also used during class time to project lesson plans.Learn more
Operating Base Cecilia, a facility run in partnership by the Veteran Multi-Service Center and Catholic Social Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, received a $500 Community Impact Award from CFGP for assistance with operations at their Coatesville location.Learn more
The Earth Center is one of the many sponsored works of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Philadelphia. Residing on the campus of Chestnut Hill College, the Earth Center exists to promote the importance of life in all forms, and to dedicate time and effort to preserving our environment.Learn more
The Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia presented a Community Impact Award to St. Ignatius Nursing and Rehab Center. St. Ignatius, a care center located in West Philadelphia, received this award to assist them with general operating funds.Learn more
The Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia presented a $500 Community Impact Award to St. Lucy Day School for Children with Visual Impairments/Archbishop Ryan Academy for the Deaf.Learn more
The Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia visited the Augustinian Defenders of the Rights of the Poor (ADROP) to present them with a $500 Community Impact Award.Learn more
The Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia paid a visit to our friends at St. Edmond’s Home for Children, a truly inspiring facility. St. Edmond’s, located in Bryn Mawr, received a $500 Community Impact Award from CFGP to support their summer program, Camp Rainbow.Learn more
The Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia issued their most recent Community Impact Award to Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School. This $500 award will be used for improvements of the school's classrooms as they prepare to expand over the next academic year.Learn more